Monday, January 7, 2008

2008 is gonna be great!

Ok, so now we are settling into a new year and I'm feeling extremely optimistic. My 2007 ended with a bang and 2008 came in a completely unexpected way. (God bless the city of Chicago!)
I feel like some changes are going to be made in my life... I think I was obsessed with living up to this reputation I have (or think I have) of being a crazy person. Well, after watching Britney Spears unravel (and No, I don't think that she and I are ANYTHING alike but still...) I decided that I was choosing choices that weren't necessarily making me happy or content or that were really positive in any possible way. It was reflected in my attitude and my going out habits and some others things that I chose to take part of. Enough is enough. Crap, I mean, I'm in my late 20's! I'll be 30 in 3 short years and it's time to act like it. Now, with that being said, I'm not going to become this schoolmarm and never go out or never drink or anything like that but (and I'm proud to report) I have been implementing the "Going Out Rules" and they're working! I was out for 3 nights in Chicago (well, technically 2 but who's counting?) and I was well behaved and had a BLAST! So, obviously it can be done and I do have at least a little self-control/ will power.
I'm also cutting my losses with certain people, actually just one person, which sorta stinks because I think the world of him but, alas, mama didn't raise no chump so I'm just getting go. I'm learning that people are they way they are, esp. at this stage of the game and no matter how much you care for someone and on whatever level it is that you do care for them, they are who they are and nothing you can say or do will change that. But thanks for the "o" faces and the "lessons". It was a wild ride. I wish you great things.
Now, as for me, someone new has waltzed into my little life and made me very happy. I realize that I've only known him for a week and things are moving at a fevered pace, but I'm satisfied and I feel like I'm in a good place. Very healthy, if you will. He's coming to visit and I'm nervous, excited and slightly hesitant but you gotta try, right?

2 comments:

Secret Asian Man said...

Bye bye Weed Pony, hello MDK!

Secret Asian Man said...

Correction, goodbye JP Balling and goodbye The Galleria.