Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sorority T-shirts

I have SO many Delta Gamma t-shirts it's not right. I mean, I graduated from college 6 years ago and I still have SO many. Plus I get at least 2 new ones a year because I am the Recruitment advisor for my chapter. And the worst part? I can't get rid of them. For some reason on my lunch break today, I was thinking about dusting... that isn't code for anything. I was really thinking about dusting, you know with the pledge and a rag. And this got me thinking, can you see the light bulb over my head? Can you see where I'm going with this? It got me thinking about this particular Greek Week 2000 shirt that has stains all over it including the hard earned pit stains, that is ready to be put to pasture. I mean, it shouldn't be worn in private let along public; it's gross. So, yup, you guessed it! I can use it as a dust rag. Woohoo! I think me not being able to get rid of these shirts is because I can't waste anything. Now, no, I'm not a hoarded. My closet is color coded and most of my heels are kept in boxes. I have a separate closet for dress pants and dresses. My can goods are in alphabetical order. I am so type A about lots of stuff but I think I am also environmentally conscious so its hard to just throw away a perfectly (yeah, stained) t-shirt?! Oh, the horrah. The HORRAH. I just can't do it. It's not like those t-shirts hold that much in terms of sentimental value because they don't. I have too many of them for that excuse to work. I can sell them because who would buy them? As weird as it sounds, I wouldn't want a (gasp) non Delta Gamma to wear them! Such a dilemma I tell you, such. a. dilemma.

Well, hey, at least I got rid of one. Now, for the other 268...

No comments: