Friday, May 9, 2008

Me vs. The Baconator





The Baconator sandwich- is a hamburger sold by the international fast-food restaurant chain Wendy's. It is one of their late-teen–to–young-adult, male-oriented products. The Baconator consists of two 4oz. beef patties, two slices of American cheese, six strips of bacon, mayonnaise, ketchup on a premium bun. - Courtesy of Wikipedia

Morgan Moo Milla- the thrilla Killa from the Villa is a 27 year old, 104 lb lady who usually is a healthy eater but sometimes isn't.

Friday, May, 9, 2009
12:00- 1:00 pm
Wendy's

So, this has been building momentum for sometime now... the Baconator has been out in the world for just over a year and I was the last person in my office to sample it. Everyone talked of it's juicy, cheesy goodness but I was suspect. That and I simply am not a fan of bacon on my burgers. (I can't help it. I was dropped on my head as a child.) Several times I have been tempted by the call of the Baconator but each time I shot it down like a dude with a popped collar and a puka shell necklace. Today was different. I had to answer the door because destiny was a-knocking... and I had a date with that sandwich.

My boss, Dirt Nasty and another work friend, ZZ loaded up in the car and headed over to Wendy's... I couldn't eat it alone. I needed moral support. And witnesses. As we exited the car, I felt like soundtrack music should have been swelling in the background and that we should have been walking in slow motion. I stepped up to the plate and ordered that thang... with fries and a diet coke, natch. We sat down and I unwrapped it and the smell of it's bacony-cheesy goodness hit me smack in the face. I was ready. The first bite was, in a word, incredible. The second bite was reminiscent of a breakfast sandwich. And the third bite, well, I was wondering if I could eat another one at this sitting. I highly recommend the Baconator although I must say, it is not for the faint of heart... or weak of stomach. I am a human garbage disposal so it didn't do any immediate damage to this girl but if you gots the IBS or something, steer clear. You could have explosive rhea and be in the head for a while.

Another thing checked off the Summer of Fun 2008 list. Atta girl, Moo Moo. Atta girl.

No comments: