Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Negate Murphy's Law

Ok, so the last post I was working on was happy. It was all puppies and flowers... it was about how this past Valentine's Day was the best Valentine's Day that I've had in YEARS. Well, that all went down the toilet on Friday, the 15th. Yes, that's right, literally 24 after after I had written the aforementioned post.
So, let's get at it, shall we?
Friday I go over to the Galleria's house (the boy who I was seeing) and he and I and his roommate (who I am friends with from OU) are hanging out, drinking wine and then we go over to bar 851 and meet some more people out. Everything is lovely, everyone is having a good time and then we decide to go to another bar which we shall call Shovak's. Same deal, everyone having fun, the Galleria and I are playing pool and winning. Life is good. All of a sudden I get this "Can I talk to you?" from the Galleria and so I say "Of course you can."
So we go outside and we're standing in the freezing cold and he says to me,
"I have to be straight with you. Megan is coming home from GA and I know how you feel about her but that is where my heart lies. I'm sorry. I feel awful."
"You should feel awful" is what I come back with. I was furious at this point because we are still out with his friends and I can't leave because I didn't drive. "It's fine" I say. "I don't feel anyway about Megan Jones because I haven't talked to her in 10 years and she never crosses my mind. You should choose your choice and be done with it."
Well, then he goes into this stupid tangent about how he wants to still be friends and that it's not me, I'm great, it's just that he loves her. I said "We don't need to be friends. We weren't friends before this and I don't need you to be my friend after this. I already have lots of friends." And I turned around and walked inside. We left right after that because someone got sick and on the ride home, I texted John P. Balling.
Once I got home, I was still fuming and decided to make a cranberry and vodka but it tasted more like a vodka and vodka but whatever. It was doing exactly want I wanted it to. It got to be right around 2 and I still hadn't heard from Mr. Balling so I was ready to go pass out when, magically, the phone rang. It was him and I was happy. He was over in a flash and walked through the door and all my bad feelings went away. I was eating brie with my vodka and vodka and so he had some cheese and I made him a drink and the next thing I know, I wake up in my bed with him next to me. I go to survey the damage that had occured in the other room the night before and boy were there some interesting things I found. My glasses were in a wheel of brie, there was brie smashed into the couch, there were crackers all over the floor, there were clothes everywhere... it was quite a sight.
I grabbed the advil and climbed back into bed and asked Balling how he felt and he groaned so I gave him some meds. We slept til noon. We showered and went to lunch and the rest is history.
The moral of the story here is: Moo 2007 has her good points. Sometimes yum-yucks can be the end of you but what a way to go!

No comments: