Monday, November 19, 2007

palabras...

hours too slow and minutes too fast
always apologizing for the same mistakes
it happens all too often and i can't make you see that it has nothing to do with you
i falter daily without realizing that it's my routine
falling from grace without a memory or a thought
uncomplicated from the blow and coming undone
but full of promise and rising to the occasion that is ever chasing me
a quiet numbness breathes life into my hurt and solidifies my aching
you elude my advances and cheat me out of my bad habits
they all lead me back to where i started
and it's no good but it's everything i know
seeking comfort in the familiar even though it feeds the beautiful mess that i've made
tangled up in the in between and the inside out
never letting on that it's you i miss

No comments: